Ensuring High-Quality in-Person, Hybrid, and Virtual Professional Learning
Research and evidence show a link among effective professional learning, strengthened educator practice, and results for students. Learning Forward works with system leadership to develop and execute a vision for effective professional learning aligned to the Standards for Professional Learning.
We help systems analyze current professional learning policies and practices, and design and implement a learning plan based on evidence-based logic models and district priorities.
Through our professional learning planning, we help districts:
- Build capacity and support for high-quality in-person, hybrid, or virtual professional learning aligned with the Standards to improve educator effectiveness and results for all students;
- Apply a professional learning system framework, grounded in a continuous improvement cycle, for selecting or developing rigorous curriculum and high-quality instructional materials;
- Understand how to effectively design, implement, and evaluate professional learning aligned with district and school goals to improve teaching practice and student learning;
- Examine evidence to analyze current professional learning and impact data, set policy and program priorities, and allocate resources;
- Develop and implement a five-year district comprehensive professional learning plan to facilitate individual, school-wide and district-wide improvements to increase student achievement.
Learn more about how we can help your system set a vision for professional learning as a driver of change.