Learning Forward provides one-on-one leadership coaching to principals, assistant principals, and aspiring principals with the intention of deepening understanding of the principal’s role as leader of a learning-focused school. Our coaching focuses on core leadership topics, including:
- Principal understanding of her/his role as learning leader, especially during our current challenging times;
- Creating the conditions and systems for effective professional learning that results in improved educator practice and student results;
- Using effective change processes to accomplish the goals of the school;
- A deep dive into critical issues of school culture, assets, and opportunities, and their impact on establishing a clear vision and collective responsibility for learning in the school;
- Developing a Theory of Change, tied to the Cycle of Continuous Improvement, that drives a collective commitment to school improvement;
- Exploration of the principal’s role in supporting the alignment of curriculum, assessment, instructional materials, and professional learning;
- Maximizing the resources of people, time, and technology to better support educator and student learning.
- The role principals’ coaching plays in school, team, and individual improvement.
Learning Forward leadership coaching includes two one-hour sessions per month over the course of a school year.