Assessing Professional Learning
The first step toward school improvement is assessing the current state of professional learning in your school or system.
The Standards Assessment Inventory is a 50-item, web-based teacher survey that provides leaders with data on the quality of their professional learning as defined by the Standards for Professional Learning.
SAI results help schools and systems focus on the particular actions that contribute to higher-quality professional learning.
Schools use the SAI for:
- School improvement planning;
- Identifying clear expectations and actions;
- Benchmark professional learning data;
- Program evaluation;
- To engage staff in conversations about the Standards for Professional Learning.
Districts use the SAI to:
- Identify schools with similar professional learning strengths and priorities;
- Identify exemplary practices to share within the system;
- Assess improvement efforts;
- Fulfil requirements of federal programs;
Once you administer the SAI in your schools, we help you analyze results, identify areas for improvement, and help determine your next actions to focus your professional learning and maximize the return on your learning investments.