Mentor Teacher Academy
Give your beginning teachers the support they need to meet the unique challenges of the coming year.
At a time when ensuring each of your students has the expertise and support of a highly qualified teacher is more important than ever, Learning Forward stands ready to help your district.
Today’s beginning teachers need the support of an expert mentor more than ever as they work through the challenges of designing virtual curriculum and managing their unique classroom environments.
Learning Forward’s Mentor Teacher Academy is a customized, multi-day, blended learning experience for districts seeking to provide beginning teachers with an experienced, knowledgeable mentor to support them through their early years in the classroom. As you look to recovery and reinvention, Learning Forward helps you ensure that your most recent hires are equipped to be among your most effective.
Your mentors will learn to:
- Build strong relationship and communication skills that serve as the foundation of their work with mentees;
- Apply adult learning theory and a research-based mentoring cycle to to their role;
- Diagnose and prioritize classroom management needs, student social and emotional needs, instruction, and content-specific pedagogy;
- Design and implement a mentoring support plan that drives work with new teachers;
- Develop mentee knowledge and skills; and
- Support mentee growth and development to address your students’ unique learning needs.
What we do
Our support for mentor teachers includes:
Effective coaches influence teaching, student learning, and school culture. Learning Forward is the leader in developing school- and district-based coach expertise around the critical skills of building relationships...
Learning Forward’s content-based coaching program integrates deep content knowledge and pedagogy with best practices in instructional coaching to support content-area...
Learning Forward provides one-on-one leadership coaching to principals, assistant principals, and aspiring principals with the intention of deepening understanding of the principal’s role as leader of a learning-focused school.